Specialty Vehicle Company is currently seeking ambitious individuals to join our team. We have been in the custom vehicle manufacturing business for almost 30 years. Our quality standards surpass what is normally accepted in the industry. It is the passion for perfection that drives us to exceed our client’s expectations and create valuable long-life vehicles for each of our customers.
We offer weekly competitive pay, 401k, medical insurance and an incentive program. We are a custom vehicle manufacturer, not an assembly line, and we have contracts with some of the leading Aerospace, Banking, and Medical companies in the U.S. Great care and pride go into the products we produce and we are seeking like-minded individuals. We are located in Sanford, FL, not far from Seminole Town Center.
Please browse our website at www.mbfindustries.com to see what it is we do.
- Knowledge of ASTM, NFPA, and NEC
- DC electrical experience (automotive, control wiring, lighting, etc.)
- AC electrical experience (single-phase mostly, up to 240VAC)
- Pull wiring according to engineered blueprints
- Clean and precise wiring according to standards
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems and components using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers or other components.
- Must have hand tools needed to perform job duties
- Ability to use basic hand tools and test instruments.
- Must have 3-5 years' experience
- Able to work a flexible schedule which may include weekends.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions and meet deadlines.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to read blueprints and decipher electrical requirements in both 12V & 240V
- Ability to read and understand standard volt & amp meters
- Requires a good understanding of wire gauges
- Ability to use power tools with safety in mind
- Able to maximize material usage without excessive waste
- Able to use logic and skill to maximize efficiency
- Understanding of breakers, load capacities, efficient wire layouts, cable shielding and filtering.
- Ability to read standard and metric measurements
- Able to communicate & articulate comprehensive wire diagrams
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Climb up and down stairs.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk or hear.
- Required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Life Insurance
- Weekly pay - direct deposit
- Christmas to New Year’s -Factory Shut-Down, to allow time with family for the holidays
- Cool Factor to what we build!
Minimum two (2) year Electrical experience. This company is willing to train the right candidate to join our team
High school or equivalent.
Job Type: Full-Time