Specialty Vehicle Company is currently seeking ambitious individuals to join our team. We have been in the custom vehicle manufacturing business for almost 30 years. Our quality standards surpass what is normally accepted in the industry. It is the passion for perfection that drives us to exceed our client’s expectations and create valuable long-life vehicles for each of our customers.
We offer weekly competitive pay, 401k, medical insurance and an incentive program. We are a custom vehicle manufacturer, not an assembly line, and we have contracts with some of the leading Aerospace, Banking, and Medical companies in the U.S. Great care and pride go into the products we produce and we are seeking like-minded individuals. We are located in Sanford, FL, not far from Seminole Town Center.
Please browse our website at www.mbfindustries.com to see what it is we do.
- Must be familiar with materials used in cabinetry
- Must be familiar with Solid Surface Avonite and other countertop materials
- Must understand how to select material for specific purposes and know which types of nails or fasteners are appropriate for the wood and the purpose
- Prior experience with tools such as chisels, saws and routers; drills and drivers; hammers and nailers and wood planes.
- Prior experience with commonly used hand tools such as tape measures, rigid measures, carpenter’s square, framing square and calipers and leveling or alignment tools.
- Able to study blueprints or drawings of articles to be constructed and plans sequence of cutting or shaping operations to be performed
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must be able to work 5-6 days per week if needed (40-54 hours)
- Able to talk to others to convey information effectively.
- Able to understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem solving and decision making. times
- Able to use mathematics to solve problems that might occur while they are making repairs to hems.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Able to perform routine maintenance on equipment and determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust controls of a machine to exact positions.
- Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Mechanically inclined
- Familiar with Carpentry tools and machinery and how to properly use them
- Able to read Blueprints and convert them into physical products
- Able to read both Standard and Metric measurements
- Able to use power tools with safety in mind
- Able to maximize material usage without excessive waste
- Able to identify when shop tools need repairs
- Able to use logic and skill to maximize efficiency
- Able to quickly identify a problem between engineered drawings and actual production
- Able to correct errors quickly and efficiently
- Able to work with all types of wood, hard surface countertops and laminates
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Climb up and down stairs.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk or hear.
- Required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Minimum two (2) year Cabinetry experience.
- High school or equivalent.
- Life Insurance
- Weekly pay - direct deposit
- Christmas to New Year’s -Factory Shut-Down, to allow time with family for the holidays
- Cool Factor to what we build!
Job Type: Full-Time