Specialty Vehicle Company is currently seeking ambitious individuals to join our team. We have been in the custom vehicle manufacturing business for almost 30 years. Our quality standards surpass what is normally accepted in the industry. It is the passion for perfection that drives us to exceed our client’s expectations and create valuable long-life vehicles for each of our customers.
We offer weekly competitive pay, 401k, medical insurance and an incentive program. We are a custom vehicle manufacturer, not an assembly line, and we have contracts with some of the leading Aerospace, Banking, and Medical companies in the U.S. Great care and pride go into the products we produce and we are seeking like-minded individuals. We are located in Sanford, FL, not far from Seminole Town Center.
Please browse our website at www.mbfindustries.com to see what it is we do.
- Must know how to sew and cut fabric.
- Must be able to perform Upholstery work on various products, i.e., bags, interior, vinyl, canvas, etc.
- Able to perform all types of Upholstery techniques such as doing straight lines, piping, etc.
- Use of all tools such as: sewing machine, staple gun, pinner, screwdriver, hammer, mallet, fabric puller, etc.
- Stretch webbing and fabric, using webbing stretchers.
- Maintain records of time required to perform each job.
- Attach bindings or apply solutions to edges of cut material to prevent raveling.
- Attach fasteners, grommets, buttons, buckles, ornamental trim, and other accessories to covers or frames, using hand tools.
- Build furniture up with loose fiber stuffing, cotton, felt, and/or foam padding to form smooth rounded surfaces.
- Design upholstery cover patterns and cutting plans, based on sketches, customer descriptions, or blueprints from Engineer.
- Draw cutting lines on material following patterns, templates, sketches, or blueprints, using chalk, pencils, paint, or other methods.
- Fit, install, and secure material on frames, using hand tools, power tools, glue, cement, and/or staples.
- Measure and cut new covering materials, using patterns and measuring and cutting instruments, following sketches and design specifications.
- Operate sewing machines or sew upholstery by hand to seam cushions and join various sections of covering material.
- Read work orders and apply knowledge and experience with materials to determine types and amounts of materials required to cover workpieces.
- Must keep up-to-date with any new materials or methods used in the repair work.
- Able to talk to others to convey information effectively.
- Able to understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem solving and decision making. times
- Able to use mathematics to solve problems that might occur while they are making repairs to hems.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Able to perform routine maintenance on equipment and determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
- Ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Ability to match or detect differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness.
- Ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust controls of a machine to exact positions.
- Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Must be reliable
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be a self-starter and motivator
- Work in a fast-paced team environment
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude
- Must have strong attention to detail and keep work area clean and orderly
- Must be able to work in non-climate-controlled environment where ambient air temperature can exceed outside air temperature.
- Must be able to bend at waist and knees and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to climb into and out of interior of specialty vehicles
- Must be able to wear proper safety equipment to include respirator when necessary.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds when necessary.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Climb up and down stairs.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk or hear.
- Required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Minimum two (2) year Upholstery experience.
- High school or equivalent.