Specialty Vehicle Company is currently seeking ambitious individuals to join our team. We have been in the custom vehicle manufacturing business for almost 30 years. Our quality standards surpass what is normally accepted in the industry. It is the passion for perfection that drives us to exceed our client’s expectations and create valuable long-life vehicles for each of our customers.
We offer weekly competitive pay, 401k, medical insurance and an incentive program. We are a custom vehicle manufacturer, not an assembly line, and we have contracts with some of the leading Aerospace, Banking, and Medical companies in the U.S. Great care and pride go into the products we produce and we are seeking like-minded individuals. We are located in Sanford, FL, not far from Seminole Town Center.
Please browse our website at www.mbfindustries.com to see what it is we do.
The position entails:
- Writes reviews and scope of work for electrical design based on preliminary plans and meetings with the Sales team.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for management regarding progress and deliverables.
- Creates electrical BOM and cable run lists.
- Designs custom electrical panels for each project using AutoCAD (current release).
- Reviews deliverables during the build phase.
- Coordinates with project engineering staff to ensure timely completion of their assigned tasks dictated by their respective milestones.
- Develops and modifies test plans and procedures to validate the functional correctness and performance of products.
- Provides technical information affecting long-range product engineering planning by researching manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations.
- Manages day-to-day electrical aspects of a project, scope, and budget for each job.
- Reviews drawings and layouts to ensure clarity, completeness, functionality, and conformity to standards, procedures, and specifications. Identifies design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and directs revisions and improvements to the project engineers.
- Ensures internal project documents are complete, current, and stored according to the company’s guidelines.
- Train customers on the operation of all electrical systems.
- Provide customer technical support after delivery.
- Supports strategic sourcing relationships and assists purchasing when sourcing components.
- Promotes the use of and participates in the development of company design and production standards.
- Assists in the education and development of the electrical team and acts as a resource for electrical questions.
- Attend all client meetings.
- Responsible for leading all pre-wire meetings with the client and project engineer and obtain final signatures.
- Prepare 2D engineered electrical elevation drawings and wire diagrams for the electrical team using AutoCAD Electrical (current release).
- Prepare 2D engineered as-built electrical elevation drawings and wire diagrams for the client using AutoCAD Electrical (current release).
- Intermediate drafting skills using AutoCAD (current release) is required.
- Provides technical assistance to the electrical team as needed and troubleshoot for errors.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong experience
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, to explain integration/test results with developers, clients and internal staff members
- Strong attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of applicable industry professional, technical, and military standards (IEEE, ANSI, IEC, ISO, NEMA, NEC, MIL, etc.)
- Experience with low-medium voltage, single- and 3-phase power systems (120, 240, 480, 3000+ VAC)
- Experience with DC power systems design
- Must have strong working knowledge and experience with the following software: AutoCAD, WireCAD, word processing, spreadsheet.
- Must have demonstrated experience in making decisions, judgment and effective problem solving.
- Excellent planning, delegation and time management skills.
- Task driven with ability to work independently.
- Team player that takes ownership and develops relationships with the team members which fosters team success.
- Quality workmanship
- Cost management.
- Custom vehicle engineering experience a plus
- 5+ years of experience of managing projects throughout the product life cycle, inclusive of developing and coordinating budgets and schedules
- Work environment is varied (Open air shop, vehicle interior, office).
- Duties will require standing, bending, kneeling, sitting, lifting, climbing ladders, use of scaffolding, and lifts. Close spaces and working more than 13ft off the ground.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must be able to work 5-6 days per week if needed (40 – 54 hours)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Life Insurance
- Weekly pay - direct deposit
- Christmas to New Year’s -Factory Shut-Down, to allow time with family for the holidays
- Cool Factor to what we build!
Job Type: Full-Time