Specialty Vehicle Company is currently seeking ambitious individuals to join our team. We have been in the custom vehicle manufacturing business for almost 30 years. Our quality standards surpass what is normally accepted in the industry. It is the passion for perfection that drives us to exceed our client’s expectations and create valuable long-life vehicles for each of our customers.
We offer weekly competitive pay, 401k, medical insurance and an incentive program. We are a custom vehicle manufacturer, not an assembly line, and we have contracts with some of the leading Aerospace, Banking, and Medical companies in the U.S. Great care and pride go into the products we produce and we are seeking like-minded individuals. We are located in Sanford, FL, not far from Seminole Town Center.
Please browse our website at www.mbfindustries.com to see what it is we do.
- Completion of installation process of jobs in the most cost effective and safe manner
- Read and interpret shop drawings and paperwork
- Measure area to determine number of materials needed.
- Cut flooring materials such as carpet and vinyl and glue down.
- Install 4 x 8 sheets of plywood.
- Install floor covering.
- Install carpeting.
- Install Kemlite.
- Install partition walls.
- Communicate with direct supervisor
- Maintain a clean and organized installation work space
- Frequently lift and carry heavy objects
- Ability to use saws, measure, make cuts with chop saw and table saw in safe manner.
- Verify dimensions or check the quality or fit of pieces to ensure adherence to specifications.
- Trim, sand, or scrape surfaces or joints to prepare articles for finishing.
- Be exact in measurements and markings so that materials will be used efficiently and the projects will meet budgetary restrictions
- Inspect and clean surface in preparation for material.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Stellar work ethic
- Able to follow directions without supervision
- Finished carpentry & trim experience a must
- Understanding of necessary mathematics
- Knowledge of materials and processing
- Attention to detail
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Climb up and down stairs.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk or hear.
- Required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Life Insurance
- Weekly pay - direct deposit
- Christmas to New Year’s -Factory Shut-Down, to allow time with family for the holidays
- Cool Factor to what we build!
Minimum two (2) year Installation experience.
High school or equivalent.